Excursion to Playa Larga from Havana
Enjoy a day trip to visit Guama, La Laguna del Tesoro, the crocodile farm and several hours of beaches on Playa Larga, in the province of Matanzas in the Peninsula de Zapata National Park.
What to expect
This trip is made in private taxis. The tour includes:
- Visit to Guama where you can visit a replica of a Taino village (the first inhabitants of Cuba) located on an island in the middle of the Laguna del Tesoro
La Laguna del Tesoro (The Treasure Lagoon), the largest lagoon in Cuba with an area of 16 km2, tells the legend that the natives, when they were persecuted by the Spanish conquerors, threw the gold and the jewels they possessed at the bottom and were not yet found.
- Visit to the crocodile farm, designed to protect the Cuban crocodile. The traveler can appreciate newborn specimens up to 15 cm long and huge crocodiles up to 4 meters long. As a souvenir, you can take a picture of yourself with a small crocodile.
- Visit to the Fish Cave where you can take a bath. Cave of the fishes. Located in Playa Girón is one of the main attractions of the province of Matanzas. The cave is an impressive natural transparent glass swimming pool with a depth of more than 70 meters, which is connected to the sea by an underground tunnel. In this beautiful place there is a varied offer that includes from diving to a rustic ranch where several dishes are offered including seafood and crocodile meat.
- Beach weather at Playa Larga:
Starting time: 8:00 am
Duration: 9 hours
Starting Point: Accommodation
Optional services: Lunch
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Car with A/C + Driver
- Fuel for auto
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- The payment of the tickets to the attractions (in some places you have to buy tickets to access).
- Lunch payment, you can choose where to have lunch or we can suggest you an excellent private restaurant for lunch.
- At the end of the tour our taxi will take you back to your accommodation in Havana.
Total price up to 4 Pax
Taxi + Excursions: 150 cuc
Total price up to 8 Pax
Taxi + Excursions: 200 cuc